The big texas wedding was definitely an event to remember. Lots of parties, lots of people... lots of fun. The wedding ceremony was in a big beautiful church in Dallas. I didnt take any pictures in the church so I'll have to give you a play-by-play.
Because we were usher-wives, we got to sit in the 4th row of the church. This is saying a lot as it was pretty much standing room only. We were in the 4th row, George W. and Laura were sitting in the front transcept (I think thats what its called - the pews in line with the altar facing the stage/ceremony). So we were about 30 feet from them.
I think I was most impressed with the Dallas Boys Choir singing Ave Maria. Yeah... who has a boys choir at their wedding? This couple. Lots of honorary bridesmaids all wearing individually styled black dresses. I like that idea a lot - that way everyone can pick the dress that fits them best. Her sister and niece were in purple. Ceremony was pretty standard and we shuffled outside to jump on our bus to the reception (I should probably mentioned that there was a string quartet playing outside the church).
The reception was at a beautiful location in downtown Dallas. Inside/outside venue. Cocktails and music were under this big pergola (which by the way - we read on the plaque that it was donated by the brides parents). If you look closely, you'll see George and Laura in the crowd. Over to the left - she's wearing a cream/gold skirt suit. He's wearing a blue suit (at a black-tie wedding).
Here are the girls walking up the path to the cocktail area.
The decorations throughout were perfect. Colors were bright and colorful - purples, pink, green, blues. Very festive, very New Orleans.
These pictures are out of order, but I never win when it comes to formatting with blogger. We'll just have to go with the flow here.
Here's a picture of the bride before the ceremony. She wore her moms dress which I believe was also worn by her aunt.

And... back to the reception. There were 3 bands, multiple bars and food stations and the decorations again... were beautiful. This isnt the prettiest picture - but I tried to get a shot so you could see the very artful decorations.


And... back to the reception. There were 3 bands, multiple bars and food stations and the decorations again... were beautiful. This isnt the prettiest picture - but I tried to get a shot so you could see the very artful decorations.
Here we are with our friends the Finks.


The band in the main reception area was fabulous. Definitely the best wedding band Ive ever seen. We did lots of dancing. As the night went on - waiters came by with beignets and smoothie type drinks.
The bride and groom made a grand exit and we headed back to the hotel for some more catching up with friends. Not only had we not spent alone time away with the kids, but we hadnt stayed up that late 2 nights in row since ... well... I have no idea.
Sunday morning was brunch at the Bush's house. Yep, those Bush's. Pics of the brunch in the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment