Saturday, June 5, 2010

brunch at the bushes

Okay, just one more wedding related post and then its back to the babes because you all are missing out on some important babe related news!

The big texas wedding ended in typical-texas style with brunch at the former presidents house (dont all weddings end this way?) We did meet both George and Laura and well... George was exactly what you'd imagine him to be. Let's just say Will Ferrell nails him on the head on SNL and leave it at that. Laura seems nice. She seemed a little stressed, but I imagine hosting a bunch of strangers at your house while on a book tour and dealing with all the other crazy things in her life is probably more than I could handle.


We didn't take many pictures because there was a professional photographer there snapping away when you were talking to either of them. I assume we'll see those pictures at some point although I can't imagine the time Amy will have to put in to identify all the guests in the pictures! Oh well. Here's a picture of the bride and groom and his family.

G


We didn't actually get to go inside their house, it was all under this tent. There were secret service dressed in golf shirts roaming around talking into their watches - but otherwise it was your standard brunch event. The food was amazing - fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, yum.

We went right from the Bushes house to the airport to head home. It was nice to be away for a few days and be a part of this beautiful event- but I was missing my babies by Sunday.

Thanks again Laura and Jody for making this trip possible! We love you guys.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: