Baby Caroline came into this world!!! Its been a crazy 4 weeks with lots of adjustments for all 4 of us... but we're hanging in there and enjoying every minute we have with "baby sister."
She's still sleeping a lot, but her eyes are open more and more every day (and I think they're going to be brown by the way). She takes lots of naps during the day and has been going down for the night around 9-10pm. She still wakes up to eat at 12am, 2am, 4am and 6am... but she goes back to sleep pretty quickly thereafter.
Her 4 week appt in next Monday and I know she'll have grown a ton. She just seems a lot bigger to me at this age than Maddie was. In fact, she is wearing 3 month clothes with no problem! Who knows- maybe she'll catch up to her sister who is still wearing 18 month clothes!
We're getting out and about a little more but she tends to get fussy easily when we're out so we're taking that slowly. Mommy is getting pretty claustrophobic being in the apartment all day every day, so Im hoping she grows out of this phase quickly! Today we went to Target to get diapers and wipes and she cried almost the entire trip... until we got to the checkout where she promptly fell asleep. I almost went back to get the things that I couldnt because she was being so fussy, but I thought that knowing my luck she'd probably start crying again as soon as I did! Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
Regardless of causing mommy to cut her Target trips short (what a sin!) we love her to the moon and back! She's bundle of love and joy and we look forward to every new day with her!

1 comment:
Awww she's so sweet and cuddly!! How are you doing with all the night wakings? It seems like such a loooong time ago for me!
Post a Comment