Monday, November 23, 2009

what happened to thanksgiving?

Is it just me, or did we really just go from Halloween to Christmas?

Now, I LOVE Christmas... I really really do, but everywhere I go, there are Christmas lights, Christmas music, the Salvation Army people ringing their bells. I even saw SANTA at the mall on Saturday. Santa? Like I said, I love all things Christmas but I feel a little weird putting up Christmas decorations before we've even had Thanksgiving! Maybe I'll change my mind about that some day but until that day comes we're making the most out of the three weeks between Halloween and Thanksgiving and waiting til the day AFTER Thanksgiving (and not a second later) to break open the eggnog and crank up the holiday tunes. Until that day, let's just take a minute to enjoy Thanksgiving.





One thing Im thankful for? Not having to buy Maddie another Thanksgiving dress this year because she still fits into her dress from last year. HA!



And she still looks darn cute in it too.

A few more things Im thankful for...

A healthy and usually happy family (hey, we can't have it all)

Two beautiful baby girls

Sister love

Modern technology

Arts & Crafts done by a 2 yr old (pictures to come)

Friends to spend Thanksgiving with





What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omygoodness she's too stinkin cute in that dress it kills me!! Levon and I both got the swine flu vaccine because I was going berserk worrying about it. It's pretty prevalent here. My sister just got over it. I'm trying to convince dh to get the vaccine now.

jen said...

for you!