Monday, November 16, 2009
maddie-isms at 2yrs, 3 months
Madelyn is doing and saying so many cute things these days - and since I have zero free time to write in her baby book, I thought I could at least document some of it here.
First off - she still LOVES "baby sister." She has shown zero jealousy or anger towards Caroline. She's all love. So far so good on that front. She still wants to hold her constantly, wants her to be in the swing all the time (I guess it seems like kind of a ride to her), and when Caroline cries Maddie says, "mommy baby sister is crying!" She likes to help me change her diaper and even helped me dress her this morning.
A few days ago when Maddie was holding Caroline on her lap, Caroline started crying and Maddie looked at me and said, "here you go mommy."
Maddie says a million words and phrases. My favorite is when she says, "No way Mommy" when we tell her something. I also giggle when she calls Jim "Jim" instead of Daddy. I know he doesn't like it... and I wouldnt like it if she called me Emily, but its cute for now, right? The funniest part about that is that she'll say Daddy numerous times and if he doesnt listen to her then she'll call him Jim because she knows that'll get a reaction out of him. She's no dummy.
Her new favorite song is about 5 monkeys teasing an alligator. It has arm motions and everything. I have no idea whats its called but we'll try to catch it on video sometime. She also sings Jesus Loves Me and You Are My Sunshine. Happy Birthday is still in regular rotation too.
She called her monkey costume at Halloween a "monkey soup." (aka: suit)
And just when I couldnt think of anything else to write- Maddie just came up to me and gave me a big hug and said, "thank you mommy." (so she doesnt exactly get who is supposed to say thank you/youre welcome but I'll take it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
She's so cute!
Post a Comment