Sunday, April 27, 2008

very itchy.

I've got the real estate itch.

I'm doing my best to make it go away... but it seems like everyone around us is buying or selling and moving up to bigger and better.

I certainly don't think bigger is better... I don't want to come off the wrong way about that, let's just say they're moving to houses that are more comfortable. And I heart our house so much. I really love it. It's old and cozy and will always be our "first" house and be Maddie's first house but we've wayyyy grown out of it. (Im sure when we do move, I'll cry just like I cried when we took the plates off of my old Jetta in the junkyard. May she RIP.)

Im pining for closets, and maybe even a garage or a place to store things where they won't get ruined (our latest victim, a perfectly good microwave thats now completely covered in some weird, moldy, rusty goo and we're having to now trash because we can't clean it).

And we need another bedroom since all of our family and lots of our friends live out of town and we always want to have room for our visitors to stay with us.

So... Im on trulia or realtor.com every day now. Jim and I were talking on the way home from church this morning and agreed that what we want/need always seems to be just out of our price range. We heart Decatur and heart our neighborhood and would love to stay in the area but houses with 3-4 bedrooms around here seem to all be twice as much what we could sell our house for. So, we'll just try to be patient and make the most out of our little bungalow now until the right house comes along.

Til then... I'll keep lathering on the Caladryl.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey Em,
There are lots of houses back here in MA.
We miss you here.
love Mandi

Andria said...

Just to make that itch a little more uncomfortable, www.metrobrokers.com is a good website. Move to Dunwoody!!!! :)
xoxo

Jjjj said...

you know ottawa, canada is a great place to live :)
xxx jenny