Tuesday, April 29, 2008

happy 8 months!

Can you believe Maddie is 8 months old! I certainly can't. 8 months is like... almost a year! Like... almost a walking, talking toddler! I can't handle it. Im certainly not ready for that yet. Next up - she'll be asking for my car keys. But... regardless of if I'M ready, we still had to celebrate Maddie's 8 month birthday with all of her favorite things... walks around town, playing and swingtime with Daddy.

Here she is ready for our walk. Notice how her hair is starting to curl up on the sides? Does it get any cuter?

In this next picture she's saying... "Oh come on Mommy. Put that camera down and let's get going! "
"Ok, Ok... I'll tilt my head and pose. Is this what you want? Good, now let's get this show on the road."And here were are later on the front porch just swingin' with Daddy.

Swingin and singin...

I guess there might be a teeny weeny itsy bitsy resemblence...

These last few pictures are from tonight. She's just started with those baby puff thingies that dissolve in her mouth. She really isn't down with them yet. She thinks they feel weird and taste funny.

Here she is doing the inspection with her little pointer finger (she does this with everything).

"Ok, I'll put it in my mouth if you want me to..."

"Eeeewwwwwwwwwww"

"Get it out, get it out, get it out..."

And last, I just had to post a few pictures of my dianthus in the front yard. They came back this year with a vengence! I can't believe it. I wish I could say I took special care of them all year and early spring, but I really didn't. Pure luck.

I have 7-9 little mounds of these in the front yard flowerbeds and am proud to say Im the envy of the little old ladies in my neighborhood (I can reference them as "little old ladies" because Im pretty sure none of them check my blog regularly and well... they are little and old). On Saturday we (me and the LOL's) discussed how they had never seen dianthus so big and bright and how everytime they go out to check their mail... they can't help but look at them. Pretty impressive, huh? Now I need to get off my butt and plant the rest of the beds!

No comments: