Friday, March 28, 2008

happy 7 months maddie!

Happy 7 month Birthday Maddie!! Your gift is a ...... TOOTH! Yup, Maddie's got her first tooth coming in on the bottom. Its hard to see - but you can definitely feel it. Its also very hard to get a good look at it because she's not quite sure what you're doing with your hands in her mouth and tends to push it out with her tongue. I dont blame her... who wants some one elses hands in their mouth. Anywhoo... thats our exciting news of the day.


To celebrate Maddie's first tooth- we went to lunch with Ms. Katie (totally forgot to take pics. She's pregnant with twins so we barely had enough time to eat with all the gabbing we did much less take pictures!), then walked around downtown Decatur and visited our favorite shops. We returned some library books and then went to the big kids park for the very first time. Its a GREAT park near our house and Ive been dying to take Maddie. Well, as soon as we stroll up... she falls asleep. So I sat down on a bench with my ice coffee and watched her sleep for a bit.


She woke up after about 20 minutes and we spent some time on the blanket watching the kids play. I think she really enjoyed it. You can see everything goes right into her mouth. Poor thing - I think her teeth really hurt.



And she has officially graduated to kitchen sink tubbies which are so much fun and much better than the baby tub. Its just her size and she likes to sit up and slap at the water and play with her toys. It also makes us keep our kitchen sink really clean... which I like.


And here she is playing with/eating the bath toys she got from Grandma and Grandpa Herndon.


And last... Maddie did the funniest thing tonight. We were playing with her toys and I came across the pacifier we got from the hospital when she was first born. She hasn't used this pacifier since she was about a month old. She immediately took it, put it in her mouth and sucked on it for the rest of the night while we were playing! She rolled around the floor with it in her mouth and even kept it in when I picked her up and put her in her crib for bed. She rarely uses a pacifer and if she does its just to sleep and then she spits it out once she's fallen asleep.

In this picture you can see how the paci is way too small for her. Her top lip goes over the top of the paci. She didnt seem to mind.


And these aren't Maddie related so I'll put them last... but here are some pics of our walk around our block. Spring has definitely sprung here and our neighborhood is so beautiful! I wish I had taken more pictures but I didnt think about it til we were almost home. Hopefully they'll at least give the northerners some hope!

1 comment:

jen said...

aw! maddie is cute! i like the up date