Jim and I both dropped her off at school on Wednesday morning. My tears started as I pulled into the parking lot. Maddie was the second one to arrive in her room (which I thought was odd because it was about 8:30...we thought we were running late) so that meant she was immediately swept up by her new teacher and loved on. While Maddie and her teacher were getting acquainted in the rocker, I unpacked Maddie's things in her cubbie. There's something really cute about cubbies with babies names on them. I don't know what it is.
Anywhoo... I came back to the room still teary and Maddie looked at me as if to say - "why are you crying... Im fine!" Since I was getting more and more blubbery the longer I stayed there and Maddie seemed like she and this woman had been friends forever- I decided I should probably go before I made a complete fool of myself. While walking to my car I couldn't believe I was leaving my baby to be looked after by strangers while I went to work - it just seemed to horrible and unnatural. I wish I could blame this on hormones... pregnancy? baby? PMS? No... I have none of these.
As the day went on - I actually felt okay about it. I knew she was in a happy and safe environment surrounded by other little babies that she probably really enjoyed watching and "talking" to. As for me, there was something about getting into the office and getting caught up with people ... having lots of adult conversations about adult things that felt very refreshing. I tell ya - working in an office is a heck of a lot easier than taking care of a baby. Easier on the mind, easier on the body, easier on everything. Its a shame that daycare workers get paid so little - it really is. They have one of the most important jobs in the world - don't you think?
Jim picked her up a little early... around 4:15pm and i left early so I could meet them at home. Jim said when he went into the room she was as happy as a clam smiling to herself, swinging in a swing. The girl was just "swangin'." We got her daily write-up and she actually took three naps and had two of her bottles. They said she was happy and a good girl all day. Can't ask for much more than that!
So...we made it. I think the worst is over and the worst wasn't even all that bad. Thanks to everyone who called and emailed to say they were thinking of us. I was pretty depressed this past week and I apologize to anyone who had to endure my sad self.
Anywhoo... I came back to the room still teary and Maddie looked at me as if to say - "why are you crying... Im fine!" Since I was getting more and more blubbery the longer I stayed there and Maddie seemed like she and this woman had been friends forever- I decided I should probably go before I made a complete fool of myself. While walking to my car I couldn't believe I was leaving my baby to be looked after by strangers while I went to work - it just seemed to horrible and unnatural. I wish I could blame this on hormones... pregnancy? baby? PMS? No... I have none of these.
As the day went on - I actually felt okay about it. I knew she was in a happy and safe environment surrounded by other little babies that she probably really enjoyed watching and "talking" to. As for me, there was something about getting into the office and getting caught up with people ... having lots of adult conversations about adult things that felt very refreshing. I tell ya - working in an office is a heck of a lot easier than taking care of a baby. Easier on the mind, easier on the body, easier on everything. Its a shame that daycare workers get paid so little - it really is. They have one of the most important jobs in the world - don't you think?
Jim picked her up a little early... around 4:15pm and i left early so I could meet them at home. Jim said when he went into the room she was as happy as a clam smiling to herself, swinging in a swing. The girl was just "swangin'." We got her daily write-up and she actually took three naps and had two of her bottles. They said she was happy and a good girl all day. Can't ask for much more than that!
So...we made it. I think the worst is over and the worst wasn't even all that bad. Thanks to everyone who called and emailed to say they were thinking of us. I was pretty depressed this past week and I apologize to anyone who had to endure my sad self.
* Stock PhotoI know everyone just wants the picture - but we've been too busy and/or too tired to take pictures the past few days. I know, I know... bad parents. Here's a stock photo that I haven't posted on the blog yet. Hope this will hold you all over for the time being.
1 comment:
YEAH!!! not so bad...
and for me- there are some sundays that monday cant come soon enough!
God bless day care workers-'cuz not just anyone can handle that job!!!
Post a Comment