Sunday, December 9, 2007

a long run and two sweet girls

We had an fabulous weekend with our friends the Linkers at Seabrook Island, SC. We were down there for the boys to run the Kiawah Island Marathon on Saturday. This was Jim's first marathon ever and he did amazing job. It was also so nice to spend some quality time with the Linkers and their precious new baby Evy who is just a few months older than Madelyn. While we missed Campbell terribly we know she had a great time with her KaKa and Sugar (we need to find a relative we can call "Sugar." Anyone volunteer? Its the cutest thing ever.)


Here's some commentary on the race. I'll post more tomorrow when I'm not quite so tired.


Jamie and Evy waiting for the boys

And here they are passing us at mile 13. They don't quite look tired enough, do they?

Here's John about to cross the finish line.

And here's Daddy Jim crossing the finish. Woo hoo! Go Daddy! We're so proud of him.

The guys and their medals

And here's the money shot you've all been waiting for. Who wants to see sweaty boys when you have these two angels to look at? Here are the girls on the bench waiting for their daddies.

Evy and Maddie just chillin' out

I've got more pics of the beach and our beach house that I'll try and post tomorrow. Good night!

2 comments:

Wintermute said...

I hereby volunteer to be called "Sugar."

jen mowrer said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, I love all of the photos but I especially LOVE the one of Evy and Maddie - it's too cute!