I had my 37 week appt today. We had our ultrasound... which was good. Baby Girl is still hanging in there sucking on her fingers and moving around just as she should. The ultrasound said she was measuring at 7 lbs 10 oz (yikes) but the tech said she thought she was more likely around 7 lbs. Either way... we still have two more weeks of growing to do and 8 lbs is big enough for me! I would post a pic of my ultrasound but its even more blurry and hard to make out than last week. Im telling you - we need to start a collection for a new ultrasound machine for my drs office.
I than had my internal exam with my dr and I won't go into details about how unpleasant it was... but Im not dialated at all. My dr did bring up the "i" word (induction) at 39 weeks. I guess its standard for diabetics to get induced at 39 weeks for various medical reasons that all sounded very reasonable. Its up to me and Jim if we want to do it. Im really up in the air about it. Ive always been somewhat against induction because it seems unnatural to force your body into doing something its not ready to do... but there's something very comforting about having a somewhat planned labor. We would also do it on the day my dr will be at the hospital so I will definitely have her delivering me. So... we're thinking about it. I'll keep you posted on what we decide. (Im secretly hoping my body goes into labor between now and then and makes up our mind for us!!!)
I than had my internal exam with my dr and I won't go into details about how unpleasant it was... but Im not dialated at all. My dr did bring up the "i" word (induction) at 39 weeks. I guess its standard for diabetics to get induced at 39 weeks for various medical reasons that all sounded very reasonable. Its up to me and Jim if we want to do it. Im really up in the air about it. Ive always been somewhat against induction because it seems unnatural to force your body into doing something its not ready to do... but there's something very comforting about having a somewhat planned labor. We would also do it on the day my dr will be at the hospital so I will definitely have her delivering me. So... we're thinking about it. I'll keep you posted on what we decide. (Im secretly hoping my body goes into labor between now and then and makes up our mind for us!!!)
3 comments:
something to think about - if you go naturally it could be 42 weeks...39??? 42???
I was induced with both of my girls at almost 39 weeks. It look a bit longer than natural, but it was nice to have a planned day. Glad to hear things are going well!
Ellen
Hang in there, Em! We're thinking about you guys...
Post a Comment