Friday, July 27, 2007

More good news, bad news.

We had a few doctors appointments today. Let's start with the bad news. As I suspected - I have to go on insulin. Despite my efforts to eat well and exercise regularly - my body still needs help producing insulin. I have to give myself shots in the leg morning and night, and also when my blood sugars are too high after meals. I have to continue to take my blood sugar levels 4 times a day (phew thats a lot of needles) and fax my results to the endocrinologist at least once a week. This will continue (and might get even worse) until I give birth.
The GOOD news is that we got to see our baby girl today on an ultrasound. She looks great! She was measuring right at 34 weeks. Her weight according to the u/s was 5 lbs 8 oz. - but those are notoriously off. I think we can safely say she's probably around 5 lbs. She is already head down so we didnt get any good face shots, but we did get to see her arms and legs and feet! We didnt get any ultrasound pictures to take home so I can't post any up here. Sorry!
I go back for an NST on Tuesday and because the ultrasound tech won't be in the office on Friday (I guess they only have 1?), I'll have another NST on Friday instead of an ultrasound. I feel like I'll be living at the doctors office these last 5 weeks but at least I get to keep a close eye on my baby!

No comments: