Monday, July 30, 2007

35 weeks

The beginning of the end!

We've made it to 35 weeks and its starting to feel like the beginning of the end! That's a blessing because after a weekend of giving myself shots... I dont know how much longer I can do this!

On Saturday morning I went to the Target pharmacy and stocked up on all my supplies including needles, insulin, etc. I started the shots as soon as I got home so that I would have a complete day on the insulin and it went okay. The first shot wasn't so bad. For some reason the 2nd, 3rd and 4th hurt a lot more. So far the insulin hasn't made a noticable impact on my blood sugar. I don't know if its because Im on a low dosage... or its that my body has to get used to it, or what. I still have to eat low sugar/low carb to keep my blood sugar where it needs to be. So still no french fries for me! Its getting harder and harder to eat!

Enough of that depressing news... here's an update on what else we've been doing.

Jim and I (and the baby - of course) went to a show this weekend at the Variety Playhouse and the baby sure does like concerts. She kicked and kicked the entire 3 hours. At one point I had to get up and walk around because I was too uncomfortable sitting in one place with all the kicking! She was the same way at Jimmy Buffett in April. I hope she enjoys concerts as much out of the womb as she does in. That would make daddy really happy.

Jim installed the car seat and base this weekend (we have a feeling she might come a little earlier than expected). My car looks pretty different with a car seat in there! Jim said we should get used to it and he's right! We've got many years ahead of us of car seats. I also feel different driving around with a car seat base in my backseat! Its starting to feel real!

We have two of our childbirthing classes down and two more to go. I think they've been really informative and worth the money. It was worth the money just to get the massage that Jim gave me last week!

And last - I washed all of the newborn and 0-3 month clothes this weekend and put them away in her dresser. I can't wait to dress her! She'll be like a little doll.


We have another NST tomorrow. Hope all goes well... Im sure it will.

1 comment:

Erin said...

(GASPING) The car seat is in!! Wow- we are really going to have babies, huh? ;) Hope the NST went well.
xoxo,
Erin