The bad news is that my doctor didnt like my blood glucose levels and is sending me to see an endocrynologist immediately. I have an appt with the endo. on Friday and am hoping he doesnt put me on insulin. I have a feeling he will. Yuck. I tried so hard to keep my diet under control!
The good news is that I get to get monitored every week now. That means on Tuesdays Ill go in for NST monitoring (where they'll watch the baby's heartbeat and my contractions) and on Fridays I'll get a biophysical ultrasound where the u/s tech will look at the baby's size and make sure she's got enough amniotic fluid in there and all that stuff. I can't wait to see her again! The last ultrasound we had was at 20 weeks which seems like forever ago! We go in for an ultrasound on Friday after our endo. appointment. I'll post pics if we get them!
In other news - Ive been having Braxton Hicks contractions almost constantly. Its getting a bit crazy! For the most part I don't even know Im having them unless I happen to feel my stomach or I move a certain way and notice my belly is tight - but every once in awhile I get some cramping with it. Im hoping this means my body is preparing for the big show.
We've also now had our second childbirthing class and I have to say that Im liking them. I like that Jim is learning about all this stuff too and he'll know whats going on when it happens. It's a lot to take in and a lot to remember and I'm happy he's doing this with me. We watched a birthing video today which I think we both could have done without. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't exactly pleasant either. Lukcily everyone else in our class seemed as mortified as we were so I didn't feel so bad.
Here I am with my 34 week belly! You might be seeing me in this dress a lot more in the next 6 weeks as my pants are getting more and more uncomfortable!
No comments:
Post a Comment