A few weekends ago Jim took Maddie up to Apex for the weekend so she could spend some time and Grammie and Grandad and he could play in the Apex Golf Association Fall Tournament up there. This involved Jim driving 6 hours (one-way)by himself with Maddie in the backseat. Im not sure I would have even taken on that challenge. But he did it - and she did great. He timed it so that most of the drive was past her bedtime and she slept - and the rest of the time was occupied by Tinkerbell on DVD.
What did I get out of the deal? A very quiet weekend by myself for the first time in... well... since before Maddie was born. It was pretty heavenly. I didn't get nearly as much done as I had planned (I had all sorts of ideas of cleaning, sorting, shopping, etc etc... I pretty much just read and slept). It was a nice little break before the baby comes and from the looks of the pictures - Maddie had a great time in Apex.
Look at tan Grandad!! I think he must play a lot of golf!
Grammie teaching Maddie to sit-and-spin!
Fun with Grammie
Aunt Susan, Maddie and Grandad
1 comment:
wow Susan looks just like her mom!
Post a Comment