Wednesday, September 30, 2009

survival mode

A friend of mine said recently, "Being at the very end of your pregnancy and living with a 2 year old is just all about survival."

She's so right.

Jims been out of town a bit the past few weeks and of course, I came down with a killer cold while he was gone. Then Maddie got sick. Then she got cranky. Ugh.

Jims back now (and he's not allowed to leave again for AWHILE) and things are getting back to normal. We're all getting healthy again so thats good news.

But wow is it challenging taking care of a 2 year old while you're ginormously pregnant! Just chasing her around, playing on the floor with her, carrying her up and down stairs with groceries in hand, and wrestling her into her carseat (which she now hates for some reason) takes all of the little energy I have left in me!!! So yes, I am now in survival mode. Don't judge me if my kid has watched more Disney in the last week than she has all her life! I need the down time!

With only two weeks left - the countdown is on! I can't wait to meet our new baby girl and carry her on the outside versus the inside (is that a nice way to say... GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!).

I'll leave you with our cutie patootie singing her all-time favorite song in the back of Pop Pops car while we were in New England a few weeks ago. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was so cute!!

jen said...

OMG......love it and played it for everyone in my office, they agree!!!!