Friday, August 28, 2009

happy birthday baby girl! maddie turns 2!

Happy Birthday Madelyn! I can't believe that two years has gone by since we were at Northside Hospital anxiously waiting the arrival of our baby girl. Look at that picture of her just hours old! Isnt it amazing! She had these enormous cheeks and little button nose... ahhh... so precious.

And today this little baby turns 2! She's an absolute joy and we're so lucky to have her in our lives. We're thankful and grateful for every single day we have to share with her and I can't wait to see the beautiful young lady she'll turn into (well, I can wait... that was just a figure of speech. I want her to stay this age forever).

We are lucky enough to have Grammie and Grandad in town to help us celebrate Maddie's birthday. We opened some presents this morning and went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch (one of Maddie's favorites).


Unfortunately her pool party scheduled for this afternoon had to get relocated to Monkey Joes. For those of you who don't know what Monkey Joe's is... just wait for the pictures. Don;t worry, you're not too out of it, it'll be our first time too! She's having a Little Mermaid (or "Mermie") themed party because Mermie is one of her favorite things in the whole wide world right now (with Nemo and Tinkerbell following very close behind). I dont know what kind of subliminal messaging Disney does but she's completely mesmerized and sucked into anything related to those three things. Its a little frightening.

I'll leave you with one last picture of Maddie with three of her favorite gifts from Grammie and Grandad. A baby stroller, baby bottles (which if you look closely you'll see them in the pockets of her jacket), and a super cool leopard lined coat for winter which she did NOT want to take off (dont forget its August in Atlanta).

Gotta run and get my act together for the party in a few hours. Check back soon for more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sweet girl!!