Tuesday, April 7, 2009

its all happening at the zoo...

On Saturday we took a family trip to the Atlanta Zoo and had a great time. It was the first time Maddie and Jim had been (I had been a few times with friends and their kids and of course... my sister and Tay Tay while back). I was excited to point out all these animals that Maddie recognizes in her books. She on the other hand was a lot more excited about the birds (aka pigeons and crows (walking around the sidewalks and paths but... whatever) we still had a good time.
Checking out the antelope
watching the tiger cubs play

I had to get a picture of the "twirl." Its constant... she's even doing it now as I type

Maddie and Daddy

And with Mommy

Doesnt this guy look a little creepy?

Brushing the cute goat at the petting zoo

Giving all the goats a turn... she wasnt scared at all!

Checking things out (while twirling)

Three little piggies taking a nap together

Maddie being brave enough to pat one (they seemed a little too docile to me...)

Some very necessary hand washing after
I took a picture of this bird because its a "cookaburra."
Did you know that was a real bird? Now you know what one looks like!
The petting zoo was definitely my favorite part. The goats, sheeps and piggies were very cute and the kids really loved being able to touch them. We bought an annual family pass while we were there so Im sure we'll have many more zoo pictures coming up in the near future! You might be seeing these goats again and again!
And I had to take some pictures of our bedroom and office and their new floors because it looks so pretty! They'll never look this clean and pretty again! I really dont even want to put furniture back in them... I just want to stare at them all clean and pretty for as long as possible.

Maddie and Tuck really like the open "play" area

Ahhhh so clean

2 comments:

Ellen and John said...

Love the shirt! I was just looking at pictures from VBS last year and missing that outfit! We have a zoo pass too, so we need to all go one day. The new floors look awesome!

Ellen

jen said...

HMMMMMM i wonder where she could have picked up the twirling from(as I twirl my hair and type) :)