Hey everyone! Happy Monday. Just thought Id check in with some recent pics of the babe and whats been going on around here. We had Aunt Laura in town for 5 days and although we don't have too much photographic documentation... we did have a really great time. We just relaxed and spent a lot of time around the house and let Maddie entertain us. We miss her and can't wait for her to come back.
We had a little bit of overlap with our next houseguest Baxter - aka "The Silver Bullet." I know Ive said this before, but Maddie just loves him. Baxter likes to hang out with Maddie and will actually let her touch him which is VERY exciting for Maddie. She screams and giggles when he gets near her. We starting using him as a crutch whenever she could cry we'd just call for Baxter and she would immediately stop crying. We tried with Tucker after Baxter left and he just looked at us and said, "seriously?"
Maddie has been very interested in helping out lately which is great- it just makes things like wrapping gifts a lot harder. She really likes the idea of the paper, but just wants to fling it around the room and sit on it. She really likes sitting on it for some reason. So- some of the paper was sacrificed in the making of this shot. The rest of it was used for Aunt Sarah's gift. Aunt Sarah gets a gift with a special Maddie-touch to it.
And if you're wondering what's been keeping me busy during my free time (HA!) - I started a photography class a few weeks ago and have a lesson every day and an assignment once a week. I was embarassed that I barely ever take my camera off of automode and was excited that I got into a really great class. Its been great so far except that my pictures are horrible! Our instructor said thats normal - we're going out of our comfort zone and learning something new so of course there's going to be a learning curve. In the meantime... I think Im going to have some underexposed, blurry pictures til I get better at the concepts! It also doesnt help that our house is extremely dark and its COLD outside (dont laugh - it is). I'll only share a few photos because quite frankly theyre just embarassing.

So hopefully my pictures will start to get better as I practice more and learn more. Ive taken multiple photography classes in my life but not recently... so Im hoping this one really sinks in and I become a better photographer. Im already itching for another lens...so we'll see where this hobby takes us!
And on a personal note - Ive been a little depressed lately. I went to watch my alltime favorite Christmas movie with my alltime favorite girl and I realized... WE DON'T HAVE A VCR ANYMORE! I dont know what happened to it, I just know its not where it used to be (I think it disappeared when Jim got his fancy new TV).


We only have Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas on VHS! I can't go a whole holiday season without seeing Emmett and his mom row down the river singing "When the River Meets the Sea." I thought well wait... how did we watch it last year? Nana and Pop-Pops had it at there house and they still have a VCR! Oh man. I cant believe its Maddie's second Christmas and we're already breaking the tradition. So... Laura... you have me for Christmas. I would like Emmet Otters on DVD. ASAP. Please overnight it. Maddie must see it.
PS: Notice how there's a "Collectors Edition?" I dont know what could possibly be on there... but it sounds exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment