Saturday, August 30, 2008

she's feeling much better

As you can tell from the smile on her face in the pictures below... she's feeling much better. From what the doctor said, I thought she'd be under the weather for at least 3 or 4 days, but she really seems almost back to her old self today. Thanks to everyone for the calls, emails, texts, instant messages, etc wishing Baby Maddie well! She thanks you all!

So we've been having fun playing with our new toys and fun things we've gotten this week. She's been very busy with them - so thank you all again! Its really amazing to see her playing with these new, "grown-up" toys and how quickly she understands how they work. She was barely walking without holding onto furniture (holding onto our hands) but since she's gotten a few push toys, she is Miss Independent. I know she'll be walking before we know it.


Standing with her new babydoll stroller (sans babydoll)

And I told you all in a previous post that our Cousin Billie hand painted a beautiful stool for her. Here it is! Told you it was blogworthy...


And Maddie loves sitting in it. Like the toys, I had never thought she was big enough to sit by herself in a chair (sounds weird... I guess I just never tried) but she knew exactly what to do with it! She climbed right on up, turned around and had a big smile on her face. She really likes kicking her legs up and down when she sits in it.


And although she didnt get to have one of her birthday cupcakes that I made her on her actual birthday, she had one... I take that back... TWO last night. She seemed to know exactly what to do with them. And notice in the second picture how she has one in each hand? She decided she wanted mine when I started eating one. It was her birthday... and she was sick... I couldnt say no.

And here are just a few pics from today. Did you know cherries stain? I didnt.




More birthday present pictures to come!

No comments: