Monday, August 18, 2008

cape vacation... the house

We're back to reality and home from vacation. Im actually in Pittsburgh, PA for work for a few days so I didnt exactly get a nice easy transition back into the real world... but Im dealing. At least I have some free time before my next meeting to post to the blog.

The Herndons rented a beach house (well... we were pretty far from the beach so its a stretch to call it a "beach" house) with our great friends the McKenneys for a week on Cape Cod. I have never really been to the Cape except for a few quick trips with my parents so I was excited to explore that part of New England. We did all of the typical vacation activities... went to the beach, the town pond, the spa, shopping, eating, mini-golfing, real golfing and even visited the go-cart track. Maddie had a great time and proved once again what a flexible and easy-going little girl she is. She took her 4th roundtrip plane ride like a pro, slept and ate great (fish and lobster while on the Cape) and met lots of new people during our week. I have a LOT of pictures so get ready.

The first set of pictures here is our house and some playtime in the front yard. Jim and Will set up a mini golf course for Will to practice his swing. We also had lots of fun with some bubbles my mom brought for the McKenney kids.





No comments: