Wednesday, August 27, 2008

a birthday visit from grandmom and grandaddy

Maddie had a great visit on Saturday and Sunday with her Grandmom and Grandaddy Herndon. They came to help us celebrate her turning one (which isnt til tomorrow technically but Maddie doesn't mind multiple celebrations)! And look what Grandaddy got her... Snoopy Golf Clubs!!!! So here she is getting her very first lesson. She looks like a natural. Look at that grip...
They also gave her some great new clothes for fall and her very own phone with lots of buttons and lights. And to top it all off... they brought homemade apple sauce that Maddie has been devouring since Sunday night. I didnt think I would be covering her peas applesauce quite this early but hey... it works!



We're glad they made the drive down to visit. We had lots of fun!

So Miss Maddie turns 1 tomorrow! I can't believe that this time last year we were checking into the hospital getting ready to meet our little girl! This year has just flown by and I can't believe my baby will officially be a toddler tomorrow! She's growing so much and doing so many new things every day! We're not sure what we're going to do with her yet on her actual birthday... maybe the Childrens Museum, maybe the aquarium, maybe the zoo... or maybe just a walk and picnic at a local park. I think we'll definitely watch her "year one" video which I know will be emotional. We actually havent watched it yet and the tape just happened to run out at her birthday party after she had gotten into her cake which was so appropriate! Im sure I will have a sappy post for tomorrow so get ready... but now Ive gotta run... she's stuck under a chair...

1 comment:

Kindell Tolmie said...

Happy Birthday 1st sweet Maddie! Wishing you lots of fun, hugs & kisses, and sweet treats tomorrow!
Kindell and Paige