Ok -so we're back from our trip west and had a great vacation. I've got lots of pictures to sort thru and this post has taken my hours! Bare with me... I hope it's all coherent. I've been wrestling with the formatting all night so I apologize if its all funky. I'm nowhere near mastering blogger editing.
Oregon was GREAT! We got to hang out with our friends Hilary and Louis and their new baby boy Harrison. We spent some time in Portland but spent most of the week in Redmond at the Eagles Crest Report. Thanks so much to Hilary and Louis for inviting us!
I need to start by saying that I thought I had a cute baby. Well... Ive now met a baby that gives Maddie a run for her money and his name is Harrison. Check out this face. I didnt think a baby could have bigger cheeks than Maddie! Im in love.
Here are the babes together. They are 6 weeks apart and were oh so cute. They were both very fascinated with eachothers faces so it was hard to keep them from wapping eachother.
The day after we arrived in Portland we headed to Redmond. Our condo was great... right on the 5th hole and here was our view from the livingroom and deck.
The car ride to the resort
Can you believe this is an "out the car window" shot?
The babes had a lot of morning jammie playtime. These cheeks could kill.

Louis and Harry awake.
Louis and Harry asleep.

Maddie and Daddy.

Deer along the trail.

Harry's first swing!

Maddie was an old pro but she enjoyed it like it was her first time!


Hilary and Harry (love this pic)

On our way back to Portland on Wednesday we stopped by one of Jims old coworkers house who owns and lives on a vineyard. WOW! Seeing their fields and gardens inspired me to come home and work on my pathetic little postage stamp sized yard and get it looking decent. We also got to taste the wine that his grapes are used for and it was really yummy. What a life!
We had to say goodbye to our friends on Thursday and head back Atlanta. It was hard to say goodbye! I felt like we were just getting to know little Harry and just catching up with eachother! Jim and Louis spend at least a week a year together on their annual ski trip (which this trip took the place of) but Hilary and I never get to hang out! We talked about making this trip an annual one and I really hope we do. And for those wondering - Maddie did great on the plane. She slept and played in our laps. She did cry when the stewardess dropped a full can of gingerale on her - but I would have to.
Harry saying goodbye to Jim.
The guys and the babes.
I think Maddie has just about adjusted back to east coast time. Our house is in total shambles from the hardwood floors being redone and now from us painting the diningroom and livingroom. The furniture from those two rooms is still piled up in our bedroom/office and I almost had a total meltdown today because stuff is just EVERYWHERE! Serenity now... serenity now. We hope to have at least the diningroom done tomorrow night. Yikes.
Here are a few more random pics I thought Id throw in.
Maddie Grace playing in her crib instead of napping

I truly hope everyone had a great Mothers Day and didn't forget to call their mommy's and tell them they love them.

No comments:
Post a Comment