Wednesday, January 23, 2008

the month from hell

As if a week of stomach flus and colds and bronchiolitis which evolved into full-fledged RSV wasn't enough to send a new mommy into breakdown mode ... I now have pink eye. UGH!!! I will not post pictures because it just looks sad and pathetic.

Thankfully, Maddie doesn't have it... yet. Im trying to wash my hands constantly but its hard with it being winter and my skin is already super dry as it is. I think Ive used more lotion this month than I did all of last year. Im doing it though because I will feel horrible if Maddie gets it.

So January 2008 has been the month from hell. It really has. Going back to work, Jim being SUPER busy at work and having to travel leaving no time for him to spend with us, us all being sick, Maddie having RSV (which she still has traces of) and now I have goop coming out of my eye... and its my GOOD EYE (for those who dont know, I only look out of my left eye. Fun Emily factoid). So - life goes on. Here's to February. It can't come soon enough.

P.S. If anyone knows any good wives tales for how to get rid of pink eye, please let me know.
Edit: My sister thought this post was too depressing and demanded pictures of Maddie so here they are. In honor of my pink eye... here she is in hot pink


3 comments:

Ellen and John said...

If you have some prescription drops, it should be much better by tomorrow. It usually only takes a day of drops to make it go away. How did you manage to get every daycare illness in the first month? Way to go!!! Maddie looks cute!

Ellen

jen said...

wow she is holding ehr head up so well now. Hi Baby, I miss you!
Ant Jin

laurabmore said...

Thanks for the pictures. Now I dont' feel so sad!

Aunt Lorla