Monday, October 1, 2007

Since when did parents get shots at the pediatrician?

Yes, Jim and I both got a shot today at the pediatricians office. Just like the stroller thing... no one warned me that might happen. I guess they can't give babies under 6 months a flu shot so they give them to the parents instead. Neither Jim or I have ever had the flu shot and never really had the flu (at least in the years I can remember) so let's hope we don't get it this year. We do both have a cute circus themed yellow bandaid on our arm now.


So Miss M had her one month appt today and did wonderfully. She only screamed an ear peircing scream for about 30 seconds after she got her shot. She gained 2 lbs and grew 2 inches so Mommy is happy. I was beginning to feel like a walking breastaraunt and would have been extremely disappointed if she hadn't grown much in the last month. She's 90 percentile in height and 75% in weight. .. which is good because she's got some big feet.



The pediatrician also said we should start putting her to bed at "bedtime" and setting a routine. I wasn't quite sure when the right time to start doing that was and I guess now I know. She did spend SOME time sleeping in her crib last night so I'm happy to say we're at least moving in the direction of her sleeping in her room like a big girl. She's also starting to nap in her crib more and doing well with it.

Pretty soon she'll be riding a bike and writing in cursive so stay tuned!

No comments: