So remember in the previous post how I said our pediatrician said we need to start a routine (you probably haven't even read that one yet)? Well, we did... and she's sleeping in her bassinet now as we speak. I gave her a bath, put on her jammies, read her a book (yes, I know... she can't comprehend books nor can she probably even see the book really but its all part of the "routine"), and tucked her to sleep. I then put her in her bassinet and she fussed for a minute but now she's asleep! Its only been about 20 minutes since I put her down and Im not banking on her sleeping more than like a half hour... but its a start!
P.S. Im feeling nostalgic and happy because I got to read my baby my all time favorite book when I was a kid for the very first time.
If you've never heard of this book before... check it out. Its the best Golden Book ever. Well worth the $2.99.
1 comment:
Oh I LOVE that book too. Good for you trying to start a bedtime routine this early. It really does pay off at some point. Campbell had a 30 minute, precise routine that included last feeding, bath, massage, 2 books, prayers and lights out. Hmmm... pretty much her same routine 'til this day! :) Let's see, Evy's routine goes last feeding, saying prayers while we turn off the light and throw her in the crib, while telling Campbell to be quiet. :) Nah, it's not that bad, but almost.
Post a Comment