Friday, July 13, 2007

Our first baby scare

Let me start by saying we just got back from the doctor and Baby Herndon is just fine. Her heartbeat is strong and consistent and she is already head down and getting ready to make her exit.

We had a scare because I stopped feeling her move sometime last night. I noticed it because she is usually really active between 9pm and 11pm each night. Last night I felt nothing at all. I started to get a little nervous but didn't want to alarm Jim. I woke up on and off throughout the night and still didn't feel anything. This morning I got up and had a big glass of ice water and still didn't feel anything. I had already had an appointment scheduled so decided I'd just keep it instead of going in early. I went in and told the nurse and they immediately hooked me up to monitors. They found the heartbeat right away and like i said, it was strong and consistent. The dr scolded me a little bit and said I should have called them last night and that if I don't feel at least 10 kicks/movements within an hour that I am to call them right away. The baby's movement is their best indication of the baby's health and wellbeing. I'm so glad everything is okay! I was really, really nervous the last 12 hours or so!

No comments: