Thursday, June 7, 2007

What a week...

I realized today as I was boarding a plane to Texas that this week (and last week for that matter) have just been a whirlwind. I'm really starting to feel like I need to slow down and relax a bit and not let my life overwhelm me.
It started with the gestational diabetes diagnosis which came as a total shock. Although I keep telling myself it's managable and very temporary - I haven't done very well at eating how and when I'm supposed to, taking my glucose readings 4 times a day and exercising regularly. My numbers have been okay, but I'm sure there are a few readings the doctor would like to see lower. Working full time and traveling a bit for work and for fun has made eating right very difficult. For example today, there were no healthy snacks on the plane (I got crackers and cheese that had twice the amount of carbs Im supposed to have and a water) and I don't have time to take a walk this afternoon because Im in meetings today. I'm staying in downtown Ft Worth and will need to walk around in a few hours to see if I can find a place to buy an apple. Should be interesting. I also forget to take my blood sugar some mornings before I eat because I'm half asleep and just not used to this yet. Anyway... thats one thing.
Second, this is the second trip I've taken in 5 days. Luckily I think this is my very last work trip and last trip in general I'll take for a LONNGG time. It's exhausting hiking through the airport with my computer bag and my fat feet squeezed into one of the only pairs of shoes I have left that fit.
Third, our house is getting a little out of control. When the house is messy... I feel anxious and unsettled (Jim doesnt even seem to notice). The nursery is covered in plastic and Jim is almost done painting. What that means is that all the stuff that was in that room is now stuck in random other places (where they shouldn't be) around the house. And while Im SUPER thankful for all the gifts we received at the shower this past weekend - we haven't really figured out where to put the baby stuff yet. I got most of the clothes on hangers and in the closet, but there's still lots of little things like socks and toys that don't have a home. I'm hoping when I get home this weekend I will start to sort things out.
And last... the car accident. Boy - we really didn't need that. We are all totally fine, but its still just such a hassle to deal with insurance companies and collision repair places. Jim is really dealing with 99.5% of it and Im so thankful to him for that because I just don't think I could handle it right now. He's dropping off my car and picking up the rental car while I'm gone in Texas for a few days.
I hate to complain - but it helps to "let it out" right? Things are going to get better - I've just got to make it to the weekend!

No comments: