Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Poor Jetta...

Jim and I had a very eventful day yesterday. As we were driving home from lunch, we got side-swiped by an elderly woman pulling out of a parking lot. Jim likes to tell people we were in a "fender bender" but I'll let you look at the picture yourself and see if you would describe it that way. Jim was driving and I was in the passenger seat. No one was hurt. Jim and I are fine and we spent 5 hours at the hospital to ensure Baby Herndon was fine. She is. We got to listen to her heartbeat thumping away for two hours with a few loud kicks every few minutes. They did an exam and everythings where it should be - and drew blood to make sure there was no fetal fluid mixed with my blood. We didn't get an ultrasound, which we were hoping for. Bummer!

So, I guess the car shopping will be stepped up a bit. We think the damage is actually pretty minor (I know it doesnt look that way). It looks like the two doors and the rear side panel will need to be replaced but the car is drivable. We will get it fixed and then try and sell it. I feel a little uneasy selling a car thats just been in an accident, but there really isn't anything wrong with the car - its just cosmetic damage. So if you know anyone in the market for a 1998 Jetta...

No comments: