Okay - let's get back to baby talk.
Last night was the first time I put headphones on my belly and let Baby Girl listen to music. Music has always been a part of my life with the strongest influence being my
parents who to this day still sing in choirs and vocal groups and my mom even directs the choir at her church. Aunt Laura plays a mean guitar and mandolin and Aunt Jen can sing... although I kick her butt in Playstation Karaoke (better luck next time Jen). It seems like I've always got music playing or a song in my head or am whistling or humming a tune so she probably has already enjoyed her fair share of music in the womb- but I thought I'd make Baby Girl her very own itunes playlist and let her listen to it last night. What's on Baby Girl's playlist you ask?? Here's a little excerpt
parents who to this day still sing in choirs and vocal groups and my mom even directs the choir at her church. Aunt Laura plays a mean guitar and mandolin and Aunt Jen can sing... although I kick her butt in Playstation Karaoke (better luck next time Jen). It seems like I've always got music playing or a song in my head or am whistling or humming a tune so she probably has already enjoyed her fair share of music in the womb- but I thought I'd make Baby Girl her very own itunes playlist and let her listen to it last night. What's on Baby Girl's playlist you ask?? Here's a little excerpt"Wild World" by Cat Stevens
"My Own Two Hands" by Jack Johnson & Ben Harper
"Your Song" by Elton John
"Lullaby" by Dixie Chicks
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
"Fly Away" by the Indigo Girls
"Lullaby" by Jack Johnson and Matt Costa
"You Are My Sunshine" by Norman Blake
"Mother Nature's Son" by the Beatles
She seemed to really like it! There were some strong kicks and movement while the music was playing and she stopped moving when the music stopped. She either really liked it - or the music woke her up from a nap. I'm going to try to do it once or twice a week for the remaining 10 weeks because I truly believe having music in your life is very important. Maybe she'll turn out to be a singer like my mom... or a musician like my sister!
2 comments:
Emily,
Love your blog! And I absolutely love the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. It's one of my favorites and I plan to play it for my baby too!
Michelle (chell-lyn from TWW)
Em, I love "My Own Two Hands!" Always makes me tear up a little! I actually love the whole Curious George soundtrack- can't wait to teach my little boy "Sharing song" and "Three Rs!"
Post a Comment