Sunday, May 27, 2007

Double Digits!!!!!


We've hit double digits (I'm not sure why the ticker on the right still says 100 days) !! 99 bottles of milk on the wall... 99 bottles of milk. You take one down pass it around...


I can't believe next week will be our third trimester. I would say time is flying but I distinctly remember feeling like time was standing still around weeks 15-19. I hope the third trimester will go by quickly. I don't mind being pregnant - but I'm not sure I fall in the category of women who actually "enjoy" being pregnant.


Things are going really well. I am getting used to the "Are you having twins?" comment. Or the shocked expression on peoples faces when I tell them Im due in September. I got it twice yesterday. Once in Willy's and once in Pearle Vision. I don't mind. I don't think it's that I look ginormous - I just think it's from people that don't really and truly know what a 6 month pregnant woman looks like. I don't blame them- I was the same way before I got prego.


I had my 3 hour glucose test on Friday because I failed the glucose screen. It wasn't horrible, but not something I want to do again. I had to fast after 7pm the night before (not easy with my ice cream addiction) and come into the lab at 8am the next morning for a blood draw. Drink 12 oz. of glucose which was super duper sugary and made my empty stomach a little sick, then come back into the lab every hour until noon to get another blood draw. Needless to say I got progressively weaker as the morning went on. As soon as it was done I had an apple, a granola bar and a gatorade and felt back to myself. I find out this week if I passed or not. I hope I did. I really don't want gestational diabetes. I'll have to control my diet - which I can handle, but the biggest thing is that babies tend to grow larger in women with GD so they usually do a c-section early so that the baby doesn't get too large. The closer I get to delivery the more I don't want a c-section. Fingers crossed!


For some good news... we primed the nursery last nght. Well, Jim primed the nursery last night. He wouldn't even let me in the room because of the paint fumes. Which is cute, but I felt useless. We had a mounring period for my red room which I loved so much- but we've excepted that change is a good thing and have moved on (we might paint the dining room red as an homage). I can't wait to see it start coming together. I'll make sure to take pictures and post them.

More to come!

1 comment:

the luceys said...

you are in the home stretch now.... congrats it will be here before you know it.
thanks for adding our link - i'll return the favor on ours.
hope all is well. Den & Court