Our sweet baby girl has turned one today!
We can hardly believe its been an entire year since we brought this sweet bundle of love into the world. She's been an absolute beam of light since the day she was born (okay, Im looking back on those 1st few screaming months with serious rose colored glasses) and every day you make us fall more and more in love with you.
We got dressed in our diva leopard print birthday pants (you wish you had some too...I know it) and our "My 1st Birthday" shirt and did a quick photo shoot before school. I was sad to not be with her on her birthday... but then again, she gets lots of love and attention from her teachers at school... not to mention all the fingerpainting and yoga and other fun things they get to do. I did manage to get out of work a little early to pick her up early.
We got home and talked to Aunt Jen Jen, Nana and Pop Pops and Aunt Lola all in the matter of an hour I think. They were chomping at the bit to get on the computer and sing Happy Birthday to our littlest family member. Thank you guys! You're all so sweet.
We had a small family dinner and Caroline had her very first cupcake. Here's a picture pre-cupcake.
And here's a picture shortly into the cupcake adventure. She didnt go as far as to smash it in her face - but there was some head and face rubbing. I managed to get the hat off her head before she smushed icing in the feathers! We have to save it for her party on Sunday!
Next up was presents! Maddie was a BIG helper (of course) and Maddie tested out Carolines presents to make sure they worked. That post is up next...



No comments:
Post a Comment