Tuesday, August 10, 2010

1st day of school... part 1


Baby Caroline had her VERY first day of school EVER today!

Both of the girls were supposed to be starting today, but Maddie woke up around 1am last night complaining that her neck hurt - so she was home today with a sore throat. Since Baby Caroline felt fine, we went ahead and sent her to school.

She did great. One thing I like about this new school is that the class sizes are very small. When I dropped her off- there was only one other baby there. There are two boys and two girls, and the two boys are on vacation this week so she had almost 1 on 1 attention from her teacher.

Want to know what she did today? I'll tell you whats on her daily report.

She... listened to the word "rainbow" and practiced the sign for it.

She used purple and orange markers (yikes).

She waved colorful scarves.

and she played with playdough (special note from teacher... she loved it but tried to eat it).

All in all - sounds like a pretty good day for a 9 month old!

I have to say that sending the girls back into a daycare environment after having a nanny for 6 months was a really hard decision for us but I think this school will work out well. The girls will get some outside stimulus and get to socialize with other kids, but still be home with me on Mondays and Fridays. They will also be learning sign language, Spanish and practicing yoga... so Im sure there will be lots of fun yoga pictures to come.

I hope Part 2 of this post will be tomorrow when Maddie feels better and can go to school.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what an awesome school!