Jim, Aunt Jen, Cousin Tay and I all completed the Little Compton 4.8 mile Road Race last weekend. We had a great time, although it was MUGGY! My time was definitely slow, but I stopped at every water station to make sure I stayed hydrated so I knew I wouldnt be breaking any personal bests.
We met my old friend Dennis and his wife and kids at the race and Jim and Dennis ran the race together. Tay and Jen walked the course together and I ran. Nana and Pop-Pops watched the girls while we ran.
Here are mom and Caroline sitting waiting for the race to begin.
I think this is the beginning of the race. The car there is leading the pack.
Apparently Jim and I were just too fast to catch a picture of, but here's Jen walking by! Go Jen!!!
We have no pics of us finishing- but trust me, we did. :)
The shirts were yuck. Not technical and the graphic was pretty corny. AND my biggest pet peeve... the smallest size shirt they had was a mens large. Considering the race has been around for 30 years, thats a pretty lame effort on their part. Most races these days that are longer than a 5K have upgraded their shirts to technical shirts. The plus is that it was fairly cheap to enter so I guess thats the trade-off. Not sure if Id do it again, but the scenery was decent.

No comments:
Post a Comment