Monday, June 7, 2010

the girls go hiking

A few weeks ago Daddy was off on a golf trip and it was just us girls for the weekend. We did lots of fun girlie stuff like bake cookies and watch princess movies. Maddie even got to spend a day with Grammie - which she is still talking about!

On Sunday we decided to go for a little walk and explore. We packed up the car and went to Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve which is just a few minutes from the house. The path was nice- all either on a boardwalk or a very well traveled dirt path. I had Caroline in the ergo and Maddie walked liked a big girl. There were lots of steps, but she hiked up and down them like a champ!


She walked for a minute or two... then took off in a full sprint. This is the view I had for most of the mile long loop.


Every now and then she'd stop to look closer at something and thats when Caroline and I would catch up.


When Maddie saw I was taking pictures of her, she wanted a picture of Mommy and Baby Caroline. She took this one "all by her big girl." Not bad! Centered and everything! As you can see, Caroline had a pretty comfy ride. She didnt make a peep and just took in the scenery.

Unfortunately, mommy caught a nasty case of poison ivy on this trip. 1 steriod shot and two rounds of prednizone to get rid of it. I have no idea how... but if there's PI anywhere in a 10 ft radius of me - I'll get it. Its almost gone now, but its definitely soured me from going back to Hemlock Bluffs anytime soon!

No comments: