Friday, October 30, 2009

rewind... maddie's last day as an only child and pumpkins!

I just plugged in my camera to upload pictures onto my computer and found some pictures we took the last day or two before I had Caroline that I had to share. We kept Maddie home from school for a little one on one time and then went to one of our favorite spots - Stone Mountain - for our usual hike with Tucker.

Finally enjoying hats... which is good with winter coming up

Maddie Love

We were excited to check out the "pumpkin festival" at Stone Mountain Park... but it turned out to be pretty lame and on top of that - Maddie was NOT in the mood for pumpkin picking. She said "no" to absolutely everything we asked her to do... so we just strollered around for a few minutes, took a few pics and left for our hike.

With a VERY pregnant mommy

And a VERY big pumpkin

Once we got onto the walking trail, Maddie was back to her usual cheerful self. She loves looking at acorns, sticks, leaves... you name it... and especially loves throwing sticks in the water for Tucker. We thought it might be too cold for Tucker to swim- but he said he didnt mind the cold. It might be his last swim of the year so we went ahead and let him get all wet and stinky.

Those sunglasses stayed on her head or eyes the entire day!

Ready, set, SWIM!
Walking with Daddy

I'll be back soon with a more Caroline related post. She's doing great and is an angel. She sleeps a TON (I guess I forgot how much newborns sleep!) and Maddie is adjusting to being a big sister really well (fingers crossed).

No comments: