Thursday, October 15, 2009

cupcakes, snuggles and let's get this party STARTED!

Still here! Tomorrow is baby girls due date. She's already showing her Herndon-style by making me wait longer than I'd like. But, I took most the week off to prepare and spend a little extra time with my sweet Maddie while waiting for Baby Sister to come.

First we made cupcakes and they were YUM!!!! Maddie was such a great help! She literally did everything from lining the pan with cups to pouring everything into the mixer (after i measured) and turning it on (and watched it with amazement).



Next we decorated... Maddie was great at it! I can't believe how big she is.

Then we taste tested... of course! Its only right!


CHEESE!
We got in a little Mommy-Maddie snuggle time. I wish I could lay like this with her all day long every day! Unfortunately she only sits still for about 30 seconds.

I had a few more pictures from the week, but blogger and I are not getting along well so I have to end with these. I'll post more soon (if Im not at Northside in labor!)
Speaking of labor... BRING IT Scallini's. For those of you not in Atlanta... I'll fill you in. There's a restaurant here in Atlanta thats famous for putting women into labor with its eggplant parmigiana. Its been on the Today show and other national media. Its well-known that mom's go into labor within 48 hrs of eating it. They give babies little Scallini's t-shirts if they were born because of the eggplant and there's a picture wall at the restaurant with all the babies pics! I assume for legal reasons, they post the entire recipe online for anyone to view and make! So... Jim made it for me tonight and let me tell you - even if I dont go into labor it was the BEST EGGPLANT PARM I've ever eaten!



So we'll see if it works! I ate it at 9pm on 10/15. You have 48 hours kid! Honestly though, the recipe was great and I highly recommend it even if you're not pregnant. I'll let you know in a few days if the legend has anything to it.

Night night friends! We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Andria said...

Oh I love those cupcake pictures! She is toooo cute! I keep checking your blog for baby updates - can't wait to hear the news!!!