Friday, July 10, 2009

26 weeks!

No, we haven't forgotten about Baby Girl #2! I've been meaning to do more pregnancy posts but time has just been flying away! She's still in there growing strong and getting ready to make her grand entrance into the world in October. As you can see- Im growing right along with her. Not quite as big and as fast as the last time, but still growing nonetheless. She kicks and punches all the time now- and we can see her moving from the outside of my belly which is really neat. She still doesnt have a name. Like, not even close. So let's hope we're not one of those couples who is deciding the name at zero hour before they literally kick you out of the hospital.

This pregnancy has been great (knock on wood)! I have to test every time I go into the dr for diabetes and so far so good! I don't have it yet! I've also gained a lot less weight this time so I think that helps. My hands aren't swollen yet (last pregnancy I was about at the time when I had to literally pry my wedding rings off) and I can still see my ankles! No plantars fascitis and my migraines have been really minimal. YAY!

Maddie is sorta kinda getting the idea that mommy has a baby in her belly. She actually pointed to my belly yesterday when Jim asked her where mommy's baby was. Who knows if she has any idea what it REALLY means for her. She has no idea what having a baby sister means. She is SO CUTE with her babies - I hope she'll feel the same way about her baby sister.

So most of you know that we live in a cozy 2 br/2 ba that come October we'll have completely outgrown. We've been frantically looking for another house that meets our needs in the area and haven't found a thing. So... we're very close to deciding to put a second story on our house. Crazy? Yes, very. Scary? Yes, very. But, we've found a builder that lives in our neighborhood and has put a second floor on a few houses on the streets around us. We toured these houses and were really impressed. We'll be moving out of our house completely and into an apartment until they're done with the house. Pray for us. Please. Really. I told Jim that if we make it thru this still married... we know we'll be together forever. Im not good with ummm... mess and clutter... so let's hope moving out to an apartment and just being completely removed from the craziness is the right option. So, I'm sad that I cant really buy anything for our new lil munchkin or start decorating her room - but I think the house will be great when its complete. AND Maddie's room will go back to being a guest room... so you all have no excuse not to visit when the house is done!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mere said...

we always say we have to see the SOX in ATL!!
Godd luck with the Apartment!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmie, it's Lulu here!! So excited to be here, LOL. Maddie is just the cutest thing in the world! And you look fantastic....We're doing great...Lev had to have stitches in his lower lip a few weeks ago..he fell on his face and his upper teeth cut his lip completely open, hope we dont' have to go through that again! We're TTC again so the craziness has started!

Andria said...

Wow, that is exciting that you are going to add on to the house! Sounds like a great option since you love where you live so much!
About the name thing, don't worry too much. Did you know you can leave the hospital without naming your baby. I have two friends who couldn't decide on a name before leaving the hospital and they were able to do the paperwork later. I highly doubt you'll get to that point, but it might help to know :) You look great!
I really hope we can get together soon!