
Who knew we had wild animals just an hour south of our house? This weekend we took a trip to Wild Animal Safari (I think thats what it was called) with Steff and Lanny and Steffs mom. It was great fun. There was a walking tour through a zoo-like environment that was just -eh. It was too hot for the animals, they were mostly in their little sheds trying to keep cool. But we did see some cool animals.
The better part of the trip was the drive-thru safari. We rented one of their slobber-mobiles so that our cars didnt get all gooey with camel slime and bought a few too many bags of their food to feed the animals.

Maddie LOVED the fact that she didnt have to be in a car seat in the van. I think she thought that was the best part. Mr Lanny even let her drive. And yes, she wanted to sit on Jims lap for the ride home (thank you Lanny).

We saw camels, lions, tigers, giraffes and LOTS of deer and boar. By the way, I think that like 75% of the animals looked pregnant to me. I guess there's not a lot to do around the ole ranch... that also explains why they had so many "ligers" at this place.

And we saw this guy. Im not exactly sure what he was. Bull I guess? Look at that tongue. Grody.

Maddie would want to feed the animals herself, but once they got close enough to feed she'd say, "no, no, no" and give the food back to one of us. I dont blame her. Those tongues were big and slimy. She said she'll stick to giving Tuck his treats when he brings the paper in.

Daddy sat in the back, Steff and I in the middle and Lanny and Steffs mom in the front. She loved going back and forth between all of us. She'd say, "Daddy's turn" or "Steffs turn" when she wanted to move to another persons lap.
Here she is walking holding Mr Lannys hand. Isnt that the cutest?

I think she's moo-ing here. Or making some other equally cute animal sound.

The group... minus the photographer of course. We had a great time! I hope if/when we go again that the rhino will be up and will eat out of my hand (HA - who am I kidding, thats scary).
No comments:
Post a Comment