Greetings from the cold northeast where it's a frigid 10 degrees! Maddie and I are in New England surprising Nana for her birthday. Boy was she surprised when she came home from school and and found us waiting for her in the livingroom. We pulled it off! I of course couldnt say anything on the blog about our big trip because Nana is a regular reader so we had to keep it to ourselves.
I was a little nervous about the plane ride because Maddie is so active and mobile now. I was afraid she wouldnt want to sit still - then fuss and cry when she had to stay seated in my lap... but she did great! She and I squeezed into 3/4 of a seat (because there was a 6 ft 5in. basketball player in the seat next to us) and read the safety manual, the Delta Sky magazine and a few books. We also experiemented with a portable DVD player. It went okay. Maddie is in LOVE with WonderPets. If you've never seen it... its a pretty cute show for little ones. So, I burned a DVD of the show and decided to buy a DVD player instead of having to take my laptop (which is a whole different story- this was my first official trip with no work laptop in tow). I waited til I could sense she was getting a bit antsy before I brought out "Ming Ming" (thats what she calls the show). I brought the soft headphones and put them on her little ears and turned the DVD on. She was amazed... for about 4 minutes. Then she promptly wanted those things off her ears and wanted to open and shut, open and shut the DVD player. We did this again about 15 minutes later and then eventually ended up watching Ming Ming with no headphones an arms length away so she couldn't reach it. All in all I'd say it was about 30 minutes of time we occupied with it. Was it worth the money for the DVD player?? Umm...no, probably not. Let's hope we use it again in the future so I dont feel so guilty for buying it. Im sure it'll come in really handy for our trips up to NC.
I don't have any pictures from our trip yet. What I do have is a bunch of cute pictures of the "snookie" (as Pop-Pops calls her) from Nana and Pop-Pops computer. These are all oldies but goodies - most of which Ive never seen before! Hope you enjoy these til I can get home and download all of the pictures from our trip.
Hope everyone is keeping warm! It's pretty cold down in Atlanta too... but wow, Im just not used to 10 degrees! Its really great seeing family though and worth the frostbite to be with them. Maddie is having fun with her Nana and Pop-Pops and of course, Aunt Jen and Cousin Tay. Both Jen and Tay are taking tomorrow off so we're excited for a whole day with them. Pictures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment