Sunday, January 4, 2009

11 adults + 11 kids =...

A kickin New Years Eve Party! Woo hoo!! There were lots and lots of kiddos at this party... all under 4. That meant that things were a little chaotic but there was a lot of fun, a lot of playing, some zone parenting defense (which I thought worked fabulous... if you're in the kitchen, you're in charge of the kids in the kitchen, if you're in the livingroom, you're in charge of the kids in there. Im telling you - use it at your next party. Its great), and even fireworks! No one made it til midnight but hey - those days might be over for us. Its okay- Ive never been big on New Years as it is so I was very happy to have a fun night with great friends.

Speaking of friends.... isnt this a beautiful group?

the Lopez Clan and the Howard Clan... missing Diego


There were lots of little ones and lots of toys and kiddo contraptions to play with, in, or on. Madelyn particularly liked revisiting her old bouncy chair (on loan to the Howards). She and Alexia were remembering the old days here.


Maddie and Alexia

Checking out the fireworks (look at Tylers face... he was a little happy)


Katie and the sweet twins


Grace and Rebecca... or Rebecca and Grace?


Around 9pm the PJs got put on and the party starting winding down. We... I mean... the KIDS were tired... it was cute to see all those babies in the footie pajamas.


Did I mention Maddie REALLY liked the bouncy seat? We couldnt keep her out of it.


We left the Howards shortly after this picture was taken. Maddie was wiped and fell asleep before we even turned off their street! We got home in time to watch the crazy people in Times Sq. who stood outside all night in 20 degree temps while we watched in the comfort and warmth of our little home.
New Years Day was very relaxed. We just hung out around the house. I actually went to a movie with my friend Steff (note: don't go see Marley & Me if you have a dog), Jim and Maddie napped, and we played. Maddie's been very interested in wearing our shoes lately. Its very cute - but it usually ends in some tumbling.
We played in our new playhouse. We went in and out, in and out. Maddie somehow coaxed Tucker in - so I had to take a picture of it. He hates us.

And to celebrate 2008 and welcome in 2009- we had our traditional New Years meal made by Chef Jimbo. The pork was very good, collards were pretty good... everything else... umm, I had a bite but doubled up on the pork and collards. Jim makes this meal every year and I eat it. I think it should have been brought up in our pre-marriage counseling personally - so that I knew what I was getting into - but whatever. I will survive. For those of you who don't know- pork=plenty, collards=money, hominy=health and black-eyed-peas=luck. So I'll have lots of money this year. I can handle that.

Happy New Year to all. We're excited to see what 2009 has in store for us. We know that with little Maddie in our lives it'll be an adventure no matter what!

No comments: