Regardless...we had a great weekend. We saw grandparents, aunts, uncles, old friends, new dogs, old dogs and our favorite parrot Sherman who we haven't seen in ages. Not only did we get to see the Herndon clan... but Aunt LoLo also happened to be in NC that weekend visiting a friend so we got to see her for a bit too.
Maddie loved being at her Grandma and Grandads house. Its perfect for babies who are learning to walk. Lots of wide open space and things to hold on to! And Grandma and Grandad were just so much fun to play with. Grandma played with Maddie a ton and even let her play with some of her fancy decorations which made Mommy nervous... but I guess thats what being a Grandma is all about! All fun...all the time. Grandma also gave Mommy a much appreciated break to take a shower... read the newspaper... you know, things that you just don't seem to get around to when you're chasing around a one year old! And Grandad was as fun as ever... Maddie's face just lights up everytime she sees him. Im sad to say I dont have any pictures of Grandma and Grandpa... I hope they send a few to us from their camera so we can post them.

Maddie with Grandmas fancy fruit

Relaxing in the backyard looking at the geese
Checking out the new furniture
Waiting for the boys to come home from golfing
On Saturday we headed to Durham to see Aunt Lo, "Uncle" Jody, Chris and Lisa. It was so fun to see them all. We went to an arts festival (forgot the cam) and just enjoyed eachother company at Lisa's house.
Maddie and her Lo Lo
Maddie with Chris (she thought he was pretty funny)
Get used to this Maddie... its her signature move
Once we sufficiently wore out the adults-with-no-kids-crowd... we hit the road to get back to Apex for dinner. We were greeted by Aunt Susan, Marley the Dog, Aunt Rita, Uncle Mike, Sherman the Parrot and Gracie the Pooch. Maddie was in heaven.
Maddie meets a real live talking bird... she was thoroughly confused... on many levels.

Aunt Rita and Sherman

Maddie sees Marley again...
Maddie and Sweet Aunt Susan

They're going to have lots of fun together
Maddie on her very first horsey from Aunt Susan... so COOL! She loves it.

Maddie gets her Tucker-fix with Gracie
Maddie wants to check out Sherman again...
look at that face... she just has NO IDEA what she is (yes, Shermans a girl)!
loves from Gracie
That face!
I have no idea what she's doing in this picture below but I just love it. Maybe thats what she's saying about Sherman... she just has no idea!

Okay folks... thats it! Thats all I got. Camera died at this point and when I went to get the backup camera... it was dead too! Thats never happened before. I guess its a good thing I don't have more pictures because that took me almost an hour to upload and commentate. I wish blogger would figure out how to make this a little more painless.
Anywhoo... we're home and Im sure Maddie will be really bummed out when she wakes up tomorrow and there's not a house full of family just waiting to entertain and be entertained! I guess we need to plan another trip up there soon.
1 comment:
Nice pictures. Those last two are about the cutest so far I think. Man that baby is WICKED cute!
Post a Comment