Thursday, June 5, 2008

my lil peach, big girl tubbin' and daddy's bday

Phew... TGI almost F. Its been another long, hectic week and I can't wait for the weekend! Between a long workday (which now includes a long commute because I've moved offices), Miss M crawling and pulling herself up on anything that will stay still long enough for her to do so and a run of birthdays and holidays we just got thru... we havent had much time to relax lately! But... I cant complain too much - Im happy I have a job, Maddie is a complete joy and what would life be without holidays and birthdays, right?

So what have we been up to? Well, first off... Maddie went to her first Lil Peaches Playgroup last Friday and had a really good time. There were only 3 other mothers/babies there - but it was nice to meet some new moms and of course their sweet babies.

Maddie saying hello to baby Hannah. I think she's trying to help her escape.

Maddie and Elijah

And in "whats new with Maddie" news... she's moved to the big girl tub! Yup. No more baby tubs, no more kitchen sinks... she's ready for the real thing. I can't believe it either.


She still chews on anything and everything
She also really likes pulling things down off of shelves. If Maddie is in her room, her bookshelf looks like this. She doesn't allow the books to stay on those two bottom shelves in her waking hours. She does it one by one, very quietly. I know that shelf is going to come down one of these days. We're patiently waiting for Jim to build a real, anchored bookshelf for that corner of the room.

And she's also been sleeping like this lately... legs tucked under and bum way up high. She's going to be really good at yoga.

And today was Daddy's Birthday! He's super old now... 33! We had dinner at one of our favorite seafood places (yes, seafood in Atlanta) down the road from us and then a little celebration just the four of us (dont forget Tuck). I think Jim liked his gifts... he's playing with them now.

Maddie's very first card for her Daddy (this was a LOT harder than it looks to make)

A birthday wouldn't be a birthday in the Herndon House without a Coldstone cake. Yum....

I'll leave you with a few pictures of Maddie and I from this morning. Jim thought we looked cute with our vests/shirts over white short sleeve shirts. I have to admit I think that I subconsciously dress like Maddie sometimes (or vice versa). You know how some days you just feel like wearing certain things? Like bright colors... or pale colors, or something a little more dressy. Well - I think I dress both myself and Maddie in whatever I feel like wearing that day. Is that really weird? I admit it - we've dressed alike more than once. I think we look darn cute. Anyway - for your enjoyment.


Ok- Jims bday is in the books... now its time to get ready for the Pop Pops Birthday and Fathers Day Celebration!!!

1 comment:

jen said...

That so funny Em. I do the same with Tay. I still will pick out an outfit for her in the monrning, and when she walks out into the kitchen, I'll notice its similar to mine, or the same color.