So things have been a little busy around here and I havent been feeling well lately on top of the craziness (Click here to see exactly why Ive been feeling so bad) but we've managed to have some fun times the past few days that were picture worthy.
First off we had our crazy little friend Baxter (aka: the Silver Bullet) for the weekend. Maddie loves him and he tolerates her a LOT more than Tucker does. Im thinking he might even like her because he kept going back and sitting next to her even though she promptly would grab his hair/whiskers/back/whatever she could get her hands on.

Notice the grip she has on his back
She's doing more cute things every day. One of my favorites is when she sticks her pointer finger out and slowly and deliberately touches things. She touches the buttons on my shirt, my earrings, her toys and in this picture below... her little toe. (by the way...look at all that hair! Barrettes soon!)
This face! It just melts my heart.
Another cute thing she's been doing lately is grabbing onto and playing with her hair just above her ears when she's tired (usually when she's nursing). You can always tell when she's been doing it because what little hair she has is sticking out in crazy directions on that one side (by the way... its always the left side... so fingers crossed!). There have been a few times she's done it while eating so the avacadoes or sweet potatoes make a pretty good hair gel. I tried to tell her she was tired in the picture below but she didnt believe me.
Next up- a little family time before bedtime. It started out innocently enough. Maddie and I wanted to show Daddy her new bathingsuit that we got for our Oregon trip. Looks normal right?
I turn my back for a minute and this is what I see. Daddy is crazy. He does know how to make me laugh though (Tuckers just happy Jim has someone else to focus on).
She seemed to actually like wearing something on her head so we took out a few of her summer hats to try on and have a little fashion show.

Speaking of Tucker - here he is. Maddie likes it when he growls and plays tug-of-war with Jim.
So thats a quick recap from our weekend. I had to take a last minute trip to Miami for a client meeting yesterday and came back completely exhausted. The meeting was from 6-10pm (who does that?) and we were actually staying in Ft Lauderdale... so by the time I went to bed it was way after midnite and had to be up and to the airport by 7am this morning. OUCH. (I did get to meet Emerson Fiddipaldi though. I had no idea who he was until I read his bio after so his famousness was a little lost on me... but cool nonetheless.) Daddy and Maddie had a great time (as I knew they would) and it barely seemed like I was gone... which is nice. Being a consultant and being a mom is extremely hard and without Jims support there's no way I could do it.
I'll do my best to not wait a WHOLE 4 days between posts... but I cant promise you all.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment