Monday, March 17, 2008

music mondays...

It used to be Mondays with Maddie... now its Music Mondays.

I know, I know... you're replacing stories of the kid with music videos? How dare you? But come, EVERY DAY is Maddie day and I was having a hard time taking pictures and uploading them every Monday.

So I've changed it to Music Mondays. I love music. Its a huge part of my life. You can ask my mom - when I was little I wanted to be a "professional singer" (well, at one point I wantd to be a garbage man but thats because I thought it was cool how they hung on to the back of the trucks... I was like 7). And ask Jim - I've pretty much always got a song in my head and most of the time I sing at least a line, or verse of two out loud to him at random moments. Today I sang through a yawn and just kept on going. He thinks its funny and weird - I think its totally normal. And I also think embedding music videos into websites is the coolest thing ever - I find myself playing my favorite songs over and over and just watching the video. Its not like you can watch videos on MTV or VH1 anymore.

I hope you like my selections. Maybe you'll even hear/see a new song you've never listened to before. All the songs are somehow special to me and are on my regular playlist... or at least they were at some important time in my life. Some weeks I'll say why its special - other days I'll just let you enjoy. Im not sure how long it'll last but we'll see if I can keep it going a few weeks.

Where to begin, where to begin. Oh the pressure. How about if we start with one for Maddie. This is on her playlist in her bedroom during playtime. The video is too cute. I have a thing for Curious George (well... and Jack Johnson for that matter) .

1 comment:

laurabmore said...

OK, the music mondays are all well and good but you can't go the WHOLE WEEK (meaning work week of course) with no new Maddy pics. That's cruel!

Aunt Lo

p.s. the pictures with the shnauzer are really cute.