Friday, March 14, 2008

catching up

Hey ya'll (in my best Paula Deen voice). I can't believe how quickly this week got away from me. Its Friday (TGIF) and Im exhausted. I dont know if its the time change, or the fact Maddie is STILL getting up multiple times a night or just that I've been super busy at work... but Im so tired I could fall asleep right here while Im typing.

We're all still getting used to Nana and Pop-Pops not being here. Maddie misses her dancing partner and Tucker misses his treat bone filler-upper. And I miss all the help! It was really great having them here and we hope they'll come back soon now that they know how easy (and cheap) it is to fly in and out of Boston.

So a quick recap of their time here and I'll try to give you an update on what Maddie's been up to at the same time. Maddie got lots of attention thats for sure. We brought her exersaucer out on the porch for awhile so she could get some fresh air and we could all get a good view of her (because really all we do is stare at her anyway). She's putting EVERYTHING in her mouth these days. She doesn't discriminate... if it'll fit, it goes in. Poor Peter Rabbit never had a chance...

We did lots of reading - sometimes dressed as a daisy. That dollar section at Target is too hard to resist. Sorry Maddie, but get prepared for Easter... there may be some bunny ears in your future.

Nana came bearing gifts (which she always does). She made this beautiful dress for Maddie. It was supposed to be for her dedication but was a little big so she'll wear it in the next few months to church. Sorry about the big bad shadow behind her head. I hate those! Ugh. I want an external flash... BAD. (ahhem... my birthday is coming)

And here is the designer with her model. Just like Project Runway.... except smaller. I dont know exactly what it is... but I definitely see some resemblence in the two. The shape of their face? The rosy cheeks? Im not sure... but its there.

And here we are checking ourselves out in the mirror with Pop-Pops. Who is that cutie in the mirror? We spent a lot of time just hanging out playing. Thats the best thing to do with grandparents- isnt it?


And here she is playing with her tootsies on the changing table. Maddie loves loves loves her tootsies! I think she's glad that winters finally over and they can be free. As soon as you take her pants off she WHIPS those legs up and grabs onto her feet. Its so cute.

Here she is playing with Daddy before a tubby. She still loves tubby time and likes to kick and play.
And Nana was brave enough to take over some feeding responsibilities while here. Maddie is doing great at eating solids and is lovin' it (well, sorta). Here she is with some avacado. Pop-Pops thought for sure she would hate it (because ...well... it was green and because Pop-Pops doesnt like avacado) but she LOVED it!

See? So far Maddie has had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, avacadoes and bananas. We tried some applesauce and got the funniest face you'll ever see. She really didnt like it. It was actually the only store bought food she's had and she didnt like it. I might try to make some applesauce. Everyone Ive talked to who makes their own baby food says its super easy and really really yummy!


Speaking of eating... we had a great family-style dinner with the family at Mary Macs Tearoom on Saturday night. Jims parents came into town just in time for dinner and we headed straight downtown to have some fine southern cooking. Mary Macs is somewhat of a legend here. Im not exactly sure why its so famous - other than how old it is and the good food, but you all can read the history section on the website if you're interested. It was a little crowded because The Coz was playing at the Fox a few blocks down, but the wait just made the food taste even better once we (finally) got it. It was really nice to have both sets of parents together- I think it was the first time since the wedding! After we went back to our house and watched Duke lose to UNC. Not a good night for Jimbo. He's still a little salty about it.

Back to the babe - here she is giving and getting some sugar from Nana before they left. It was sad to say good-bye but we're so glad they came. We hope they had as much fun as we did.


Love you guys! P.S. Notice my homeade egg tree in the background? I think its cute but beauty might in the eye of the beholder on that one.

No comments: