Sunday, February 17, 2008

party in my crib

Last night was the very first night Maddie has slept in her crib... in her room.

I know, I know... she's almost 6 months old. All you super-mommies had your babies in their cribs at like 6 days... but we just got used to having her in the pac-n-play in our bedroom and we figured it didn't hurt anything since she was going to sleep on her own in something that looked and felt like a crib to her. We also had a parade of visitors since September (which we have thoroughly enjoyed) and it was nice to still have that guest bed in her room for them to sleep in. uWhy am I justifying this? I dont know. Anywhoo... since her sleeping habits seem to be deteriorating and she's getting up more and more during the night and Im getting more and more sick... I figured its time to make a change.

I knew it would be no big deal and it wasn't. In fact - it was so nice! We finally moved her rocker/glider (which is my alltime favorite peice of furniture in the house) into her room and as I sat there rocking and nursing her... I looked around at her sweet room and was excited for her to actually be in it and make it her own! She's a little girl and she needs a little girl room! Its sweet to think of her in there surrounded by stuffed puppies and teddies and the beautiful curtains Nana made her.

She went to sleep fine, woke up at 1am to eat (this is normal now - unfortunately) and went right back to sleep in her crib. When she woke up again at 4am (again... normal) she was soaking wet (Jim bought the ghetto Publix diapers which have leaked out every time... last time we do that) so I took off her pjs and undershirt and put her in to bed with us with just her diaper on. I couldn't resist. There's nothing cuter than a sleepy, cuddly baby in just her diaper.

So we're getting there. Baby steps... baby steps.

Im hoping the next step is that she sleeps thru one of those night-wakings. She used to do it - I dont know what happened. Im just starting to think that I won't get well until I start getting more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. Im eating oranges, taking Airborne, popping vitamins... but its just not enough!

So here's to getting some sleep and getting healthy!

2 comments:

Mere said...

I only skimp on the diapers i send to the sitters BUT namebrands for overnites!!!!

Ellen and John said...

We missed you tonight. I hope you feel better soon!

Ellen