Monday, February 18, 2008

look what i did today!

Mmm, mm, mm!

Looks good doesn't it? Almost just like wallpaper paste! Well folks, we took the plunge. We made it exactly 5 months and 3 weeks before starting solids. We didn't make it to 6 months like I had hoped but I dont know, I just felt like the time was right. She seems really hungry all the time and is extremely interested in what we're eating. So we started with some organic brown rice cereal and she sucked it off the spoon like she knew what she was doin'. I thought there would be some gagging, maybe a little choking at least a look of bewilderment... but nope. She opened her mouth wide, swallowed it and then looked for the next bite! At one point she was holding my hand trying to get the spoon into her mouth faster.


We're starting with cereals but hopefully will get thru them pretty quick. If she doesn't have a bad reaction to the cereal than we're moving on to real food. I dont know if you've ever tasted it but rice cereal is disgusting. It looks and tastes like wallpaper paste. Gross.

So Im really excited to start making baby foods. Ive got recipes and the food processor ready to go. We have an amazing Farmers Market just a few miles away where we get fresh organic fruits and veggies. Can't wait!

Another milestone to check off the list! Go Maddie!

Earlier in the day Tucker said he had forgotten what Stone Mountain looked like because we hadn't taken him there in so long so we took him there for his usual around the lake hike. The weather was perfect and Tucker got his fix. Here are a few pics.




4 comments:

Ellen and John said...

Good job with the rice cereal. It looks like you've got a good eater on your hands!

Ellen

laurabmore said...

That poor baby's obviously starving! Bring on the steaks! She's too cute!!!

The McKenney Family said...

Don't be down on rice cereal - I still eat it.... put a little cinnamon sugar on top.... yum! Love it! She looks VERY happy to be eating like a big girl!

Andria said...

Seeing that look of delight on her face almost makes you want to serve a bowl of rice cereal for the whole family! She's adorable!!