Friday, January 11, 2008

TGIF!

Friday could not have come soon enough this week.

We had a really rough week here at the Herndon household... hence the slow posting.

Let me quickly summarize our week for you:

Sunday: Jim and I had nursery duty at the church and were swarmed by 6 babies (this will become important later on)

Monday:
Jims stomach starts to feel "weird" and Maddie starts coughing.

Monday night: Jims got full-on stomach flu, Emilys stomach feels "weird." By midnight... Emily has full on stomach flu (hmmm... which one of those babies was it??)

Tuesday: Jim and Emily are feeling BAD. Maddie doesnt seem to have the stomach flu but her cough is getting worse. Tuesday was a lloooooooong day.

Wednesday: Emily goes to work (yes, work) and Maddie goes to daycare. Jim sleeps.

Thursday: Jim still feeling bad, while Emily is getting up for work Maddie throws up all over her after a coughing fit. After a trip to the doctor, we learn Maddie has bronchiolitis.

Friday:
We made it. Jim and I are almost 100% (although Jim has no voice) and although Maddie is still under the weather- at least we're both healthy enough to love on her 24/7.


So, wow. I can't remember Jim and I EVER being sick at the same time in the 7 years we've been together. Jim rarely ever gets sick to begin with. The problem is when he does, he gets REALLY sick.
And Maddie has been a trooper. She sounds horrible and the poor thing has a little baby inhaler she has to use. Its got little teddy bears on it which is really cute and really sad at the same time. She has been great though... she's trying to be her normal, happy self but has been pretty mellow and sleepy. I thought this picture kinda sums her up for this week.


This week has also left me worried about this home/life balance Im supposed to strike up with being a fulltime mom and a part time employee. I know this week was probably the worst case scenerio (w/us both being sick and both having lots of work to do) but its definitely left me feeling uneasy with the situation. I'll keep you all posted and pray for me that things get better!

No comments: