Maddie had her 4 month check-up this week and she's lookin' good! She weighed 14 lbs 8 oz. (down 4 oz. from last week... hmmm) and is 25 inches long which makes her in the 95th percentile for height and 75th percentile for weight. She is doing so well!
Much to the surprise of all you old-schoolers out there who started feeding your babes solids at 2-3 months (I know, I know... we turned out fine) - there's no need to start a baby on solids, especially a breastfed baby, until 6 months so I think we're going to hold off on rice cereal for awhile longer. I don't have this burning desire to start her on solids. More dishes to clean, right? I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say that starting babies on solids helps them sleep thru the night but I've also heard from pretty much all of my friends thats its not true. There is also no nutritional value in rice cereal - so why start now? I'd like to keep her on only breastmilk for as long as possible. I think we'll try out solids at the end of February/beginning of March.
Much to the surprise of all you old-schoolers out there who started feeding your babes solids at 2-3 months (I know, I know... we turned out fine) - there's no need to start a baby on solids, especially a breastfed baby, until 6 months so I think we're going to hold off on rice cereal for awhile longer. I don't have this burning desire to start her on solids. More dishes to clean, right? I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say that starting babies on solids helps them sleep thru the night but I've also heard from pretty much all of my friends thats its not true. There is also no nutritional value in rice cereal - so why start now? I'd like to keep her on only breastmilk for as long as possible. I think we'll try out solids at the end of February/beginning of March.
Here is our baby girl after her drs appt. You can hardly tell she just had shots! She kept making these funny faces at me and I just had to take a picture. Mom - this was the face she made while I was talking to you on the phone.

See how much she loves this exersaucer? She really gets a kick out of it!

This past weekend, Jims parents came to see him become ordained as a deacon of our church. It also happened to be grandaddy's birthday so we took him to one of his favorite Atlanta restaurants Mary Macs Tearoom and celebrate with the most delicious ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery! I think these ice cream cakes have become Jim and I's alltime favorite cakes. He first got one for me on my birthday when I was pregnant and just wanted ice cream all the time- and now we're hooked! Im so happy to celebrate birthdays with friends and family if I can buy them a Coldstone cake! Maddie had a great time playing with her Grandma and Grandaddy Herndon. She played on the floor in her room with them for awhile and took a long walk around Decatur too. Here are some shots at Grandaddy's birthday party.

And last- you read right. "Its snowin' ya'll" is a phrase I heard repeatedly this afternoon/evening. It really is snowing here!!! BIG flakes! The weathermen predicted a "wintery mix" tonight and then changed their forcast to a cold rain in Atlanta so no one expected to see big flakes coming down around 4pm! All the kiddos at Maddie's school were going crazy. Maddie was very sleepy when she got home so we couldnt go out and make baby snowangels- but maybe it'll still be around in the morning for at least a picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment